We are a tribe interconnected with the Sacred Earth, it is our responsibility to create an alternative reality that relates positively with the environment and contributes to the education and knowledge of all Boomers.
The Boom Festival’s mission is to provide a unique experience where all participants are at one with nature, celebrating with likeminded people from around the world, respecting the environment and promoting critical capacity, education and knowledge.
The Boom Environmental Program forms part of a vision that all Boomers have the opportunity to share within the Boom experience. It provides us with the intelligent tools that allow us to become active agents of change when we return to our countries of origin.
Boom Environmental Program have been developing several projects, which fall into the following areas:
– Sanitation (Composting Toilets)
– Water Treatment
– Reuse of materials and reduced consumption
– Regeneration of habitats and ecosystems
– Public Transport
– Social sustainability: Integration of minorities and people with special needs; develop a credible alternative to the models of mainstream culture
Boom’s best environmental Practices won:
– Outstanding Greener Festival Award 2008, 2010 and 2012
– European Festival Award 2010 – Green’n’Clean Festival of the Year
The Boom is also a component of think-thanks and international festival groups with environmental programs for the sharing of knowledge and technologies:
- GO-Group (Green Operations Europe)
– United Nations Environment Music & Stakeholder Initiative
The Boom Environmental Program is not sponsored and is a fully independent strategy, developed by the Boom Festival and our dear partners at Ecocentro IPEC, from Brazil, plus the contribution of volunteers, many people and the Boomers, that have been fully into integrating our environmental ethos on their own actions.