Detailed Job Description
Job title: F&B Manager
Dates: February to August
Location: Boomland, Idanha-a-Nova lake, Portugal
Purpose of the position
Boom Festival 2018 is looking for someone capable to define its F&B vision, together with Central Management, as also evaluate proposals, propose different projects, its managers and needed resources.
The festival includes F&B projects developed by the festival itself, usually more focused on drinks and simple snacks along with some projects that are rented to partners, usually more focused on the food production.
To fulfil this position, experience in the field is required, as well as knowledge about the festival and a constructive critical vision.
This position will integrate planning, execution/ operations, following and evaluating different projects and an overall vision for the F&B department of the festival - which represents the biggest department of the commercial section.
Responsibilities & duties
- Review F&B data from 2014 and 2016 editions
- Define Boom Festival 2018 F&B vision and its timeline
- Present proposals for F&B projects and concepts for the festival, as also its managers
- Human resources management and recruitment, as for managers and different teams
- Suppliers search and proposal, having in mind F&B concept and the festival vision
- Evaluate all F&B renting proposals, making suggestion for the final concept of Boom 2018
- Manage and control F&B projects for the festival, being developed by Boom or other partners
- Follow up of all F&B projects, meaning field work and administrative tasks, management pre, during and after event, by following the build of the areas, material and supplies arrival, de-build and storage after event
- Deliver final inventory of all the material, stocks and equipment
- Final reporting
Qualifications and Experience
- Minimum 5 years experience in F&B Management position
- Fluency in English, written and oral
- Fluency in Portuguese, written and oral
- Communication and negotiation skills
Personal qualities & behavioural traits
- Respectfulness towards others
- Able to motivate and delegate
- Able to work as part of a team (it’s we not I)
- Innovative and Creative
- Tranquility and able to bring peace to such a stressful environment
- Ability to handle pressure and unforeseen situations
- Multitasking skills
This position will be supervised by the Central Management and Commercial Management with continuous collaborative work and ongoing support.