Sustainability is about supporting people too
Boom Karuna Project
The Boom Karuna Project was born in 2014 with the intention of sharing a part of Boom’s revenues with the local Idanha-a-Nova community and beyond.
In the aftermath of Boom 2018, we distributed a total €40,000 to various projects. Learn more about one of our most beloved projects on the Boom Karuna Project page.
Part of our mission entails funding social initiatives in the region - here are just some examples of how we do this:
- Between October 2017 and October 2018, the Boom Team comprised 29 different nationalities
- 84 per cent of people working for Boom were from the local area
- A total of 13.3 per cent (214) of the staff employed were from the Castelo Branco region
Boom Build suppliers (equipment, tools and materials)
- Total: 203
- Local: 183 (90 per cent)
- Regional: 63 (31 per cent)
Suppliers of restaurants and bars (we provide all restaurants with a list of local and regional suppliers)
- Total: 35
- Local: 73 per cent
- Organic: 51 per cent
Suppliers Boom Team canteen
- Total: 30
- Local: 22
* We consider as "Local" suppliers based in Portugal. "Regional" are the ones from the Idanha-a-Nova and Castelo Branco regions.